Beautifully crunchy and sweet chocolate cookies, the perfect remedy to any problem!
Ingredients: makes about 15
- 150g coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 170g unrefined light muscovado sugar – or coconut sugar would work well too, I’m sure, if you are so inclined.
- 1 egg
- 50g raw cacao powder (I like Aduna’s Super Cacao)
- 130g almond flour (I used Sukrin’s almond flour)
- 15g Gathr Foods cricket flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- Pinch of salt
- 50g dark chocolate (I used Green & Blacks 70%)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Cream together the coconut oil and sugar.
Sift in the cacao powder, almond flour, cricket flour and baking powder.
Beat the egg and add to the rest of the ingredients; mix together well until the dough comes together and all the ingredients are well distributed.
Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
Take 1 heaped tablespoon of the batter and shape it into a cookie shape with your hands. Add to the baking tray and add a small chunk of chocolate to the centre of the cookie.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. The cookies will be done when you give them a little prod and the dough slightly bounces back.
Leave to cool, and then dig in and enjoy!
To summarise: what do you think of the concept of eating insects? Would you ever give it a try? Let me know in the comments below!
n.b. I was sent these products in exchange for an honest review. Rest assured that I will only post positive reviews about products that I truly believe in and would use myself! ?